As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to the Technical Support Supervisor.
Does This Describe You:
You're a team player, love a challenge, and are technically-minded
A Look Inside the Job:
- Grow knowledge in networking concepts
- Support networking products used in an array of different topologies
- Become proficient in both wireless and wired devices
- Learn new Datto networking features and products as they are developed
- Build ongoing relationships with customers
- Answer system questions and provide workflow and implementation of best practices
- Answer incoming support inquiries through various channels (Chat, phone, email, etc.)
- Develop a strong technical and business expertise of all Datto products
- Develop a strong understanding of Datto customer requirements and processes
- Perform incident triage and first resolution
- Maintain ownership of incidents until resolved or escalated for further research
- Maintain ticket backlog per Datto service level agreement
- Collaborate with leadership to improve skills and career development opportunities
- Create articles for our customer-facing knowledge base when related information is not present
- Associates or Bachelor's in Information Technology, Network Administration or equivalent experience preferred
- Basic working knowledge of networking concepts, WiFi, VoIP, VPN, routing, and hardware components
- Motivated by learning new things and you excel in an environment filled with learning new technologies, TCP Dump, cloud computing, Networking systems, scripting, and Linux command line
- One or more years of Product Support or related work experience
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize tasks and workload
- Basic working knowledge of networking, operating systems, configurations, and hardware components
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work through difficult or stressful customer issues
- Experience approaching support issues from a training perspective when needed
- Patience, positive attitude, team player and a good sense of humor are a must
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.