Datto is seeking a dynamic Product Marketing Manager (PMM) with experience in application and data backup and recovery to join the growing Datto product marketing team. This individual will be responsible for the GTM elements of product marketing, working with sales, success and product teams across the European region to help drive growth in our largest product line. Activities include market-sizing, crafting of personas, product positioning and messaging. The role will play a critical part in developing and driving the European go-to-market strategy and influencing product direction globally.
Working with a cross functional team that includes product management, engineering, executive leaders, marketing, sales and business development, the PMM will lead the marketing efforts for Datto’s Continuity products in Europe. As a leading business owner of this product area they will build and execute the strategic marketing plan, while developing and creating core deliverables outlined in the plan. Strong attention to detail, an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into business benefit is crucial. The PMM is expected to be the expert in the market as well as the buyers of their products and to fully understand their buying criteria and buying process. They will be responsible for transferring that knowledge to the company’s global product, sales, marketing and executive teams and creating supporting content.
Working at Datto is exciting and fun. While office closures have forced us to rework some of our signature employee perks - such as free lunches, talent shows, ping pong tournaments and happy hours - our culture of working hard and playing hard remains strongly intact. Ranked in ComputerWorld’s best places to work in IT, Datto cares about its employees, fostering their growth and empowering them to succeed. But if you are looking for a rigid, methodical work environment that never changes, this isn’t the job for you. Individuals will need to be comfortable working in an unstructured and fast-paced environment. This is a rapidly growing company with opportunities galore, and your work here as an individual contributor can and will make a difference. As we often say, it’s not work. It’s Datto.
A look inside the job:
Act as a recognized technical and business expert and owner of your product. Execute the following activities:
- Rapidly understand continuity products and the potential fit in the market
- Conduct regular partner interviews for market research, to test ideas and to gain a better understanding of the market and the competition
- Develop market requirements to capture the needs and segmentation of channel partners and customer in Europe and share that knowledge with the global team
- Create product positioning and messaging for Datto continuity products
- Build and execute a marketing plan for how to leverage Public Relations, Analyst Relations, content, demand gen, social media, and other marketing levers to establish and grow product demand and awareness
- Develop go-to-market content and collateral, including sales presentations, demos, and competitive write-ups
- Work with the international marketing team to create/modify product collateral for the international markets
- Gather and analyze product performance and operational metrics
- Develop and deliver sales ready messaging for the purpose of enabling sales execution
- Work with sales enablement to develop training curriculum that reflects the appropriate messaging for security products
- Use data and research to continually influence product strategy and evolve go-to-market plans
- Understands how to effectively coordinate efforts on a global scale.
- Understands business concepts and is able to refine and then resolve ambiguous problems or issues.
- Able to effectively convey information to a wide variety of audiences, from executives to customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Uses understanding of organizational decisions to make informed choices relating to the product family.
- Able to analyze and interpret data and metrics and use information to make informed decisions.
- Demonstrates strong writing and presentation skills.
- Develops skill to manage teams; uses basic skills to influence team members.
- Able to negotiate at a cross-functional level; is willing to give and receive feedback.
- Shows initiative and demonstrates leadership commensurate with the scope of responsibilities.
- 5 years minimum experience in product or field marketing for continuity and SaaS software vendors. Experience working with the MSP channel a plus.
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in business or technology field required. An MBA is preferred.
- Free lunch every Friday
- Generous paid time off
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- An amazing culture that celebrates individuality
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our internal talent team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.