Sr. Technical Program Manager (BCDR Engineering)
Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Sr. Technical Program Manager with a passion for tech to join our fast paced growing team.
Datto’s Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) products provide block-level backup solutions for physical, virtual, and public cloud based systems.
Datto’s BCDR solution architecture includes agent application and kernel driver software for Windows and Linux, Linux powered backup appliances running on physical hardware and virtualized in public/private clouds, and multiple backend services/APIs powering Datto’s private cloud.
A Look Inside the Job
As a Sr. Technical Program Manager for the BCDR Engineering group you will partner with multiple Engineering and Product leaders to drive high impact / high visibility projects and initiatives. You will be responsible for tracking and reporting on initiatives such as our OKRs, security program, and other engineering KPIs.
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills
- You have the ability to resolve conflicts and drive issues to resolution and escalate when necessary
- You offer new ideas and a unique point of view
- You look forward to collaborating with diverse teams
- You eagerly seek and give help
- You are inquisitive and focused, and see every challenge as an opportunity
- You would rather create the future than wait for it
- Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion
In this job you will:
- Organize, plan, track, and report on high priority BCDR programs and initiatives
- Manage stakeholder communication including providing status information to senior management and the executive team
- Work with Product and Engineering stakeholders to identify & manage program/project dependencies & come up with an execution plan
- Provide clear, concise, transparent, and insightful status reporting to the team, executives, and a diverse set of stakeholders
- Defining the program governance (controls);
- Translate the program’s complex processes into concrete deliverables, and shepherd these deliverables from definition to deployment across the organization.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects with multiple work streams that require inputs from cross-functional stakeholders both internally and externally
- Aligning the deliverables (outputs) to the program’s “outcome” with the aid of the business change manager; and
- Managing the main program documentations such as the program initiation document.
- Technical aptitude, as evidenced by B.S. in Computer Science or related technical/quantitative field or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of professional experience in program management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Competency in project management software (MS Project, Excel, Powerpoint or similar)
- Understanding of project management
- Ideally, you have used Jira/Confluence and are experienced with Agile SCRUM development
- Project Management / Project Management certification
Note: We are looking for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 15,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- Free catered lunch every Friday
- Gorgeous modern office space
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.