As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology.
Collaboration, teamwork, open communication, and transparency are vital to our success. Datto motivates and empowers our employees to grow through professional development, training opportunities, and internal promotions. Whether it's on one of our sport teams, monthly happy hours, or other company functions; work hard play hard is not just a cliché here. Comprehensive health care packages and education reimbursement are just a few of our benefits.
Datto’s global UI/UX Design team are responsible for creating functional, visually appealing designs to address user and business needs, delighting our 18,000+ Partners, as well as internal teams across the World! Datto Designers are passionate about creating exceptional user experiences, advocating for the user-base, and constantly pushing to move the product-line forward to delight customers, keep up with industry trends and, make a real world impact
A Look Inside the Job
- First AU based Designer for the "Datto Commerce" product (a Melbourne founded, industry leading quoting and e.commerce solution designed for IT Service Providers)
- Define and prioritise user stories; take the lead on roadmap planning, and Commerce’s overall mobile-first strategy
- Translate user stories into functional business requirements, and simple, easy-to-use design concepts
- Define, analyse, and prototype software solutions in collaboration with Product and Engineering teams
- Create and document storyboards / prototypes; illustrate product features and business workflows, to communicate across multiple global departments
- Provide elegant and simple design solutions that offer enhanced functionality
- Maintain the integrity of the existing product, and limit disruption to customers through enhancements
- Turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity, despite system / software complexity
- Deep knowledge of User Experience / User Interface design (UX / UI) team; developing consumer-facing websites, web or mobile User Experience designs
- Collaborative by nature - we operate in a global, matrix environment and believe more heads are better than one when it comes to defining and delivering best of breed results
- Understanding of information architecture - you understand the concepts behind taking a real world concept and translating it into a software concept
- Thorough knowledge of UI / UX Design concepts, and an ingrained sense of what makes an effective, delightful end user experience
- An appreciation for mobile first design principles, including a deep understanding of current mobile trends and best practices and how they can effectively be applied
- Effective, persuasive communication skills - able to “sell” product visions and concepts to peers, up to Execs
- You love your craft - delighting customers and solving real world problems - that is your jam!
- Experience with Figma and/or Axure
- Experience working on e.comm and/or quoting platforms
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Computer Interaction or related field is a plus
Based in Melbourne? Work two days a week from our brand new office in Richmond!
Remote opportunities available.
Datto - A little more!
Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. Datto supports our partners 24/7/365. This commitment is a value at the core of every role in every office, always doing the right thing, and putting our customers first.
At Datto, we’re committed to cultivating a healthy, positive and growth enabling environment. We are proud of our wide ranging benefits package which is available to all full-time employees, including:
- “Datto University” virtual on-boarding program
- Private health insurance
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Income protection
- LinkedIn Learning
- Headspace App
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
(AU Only) Note: Only candidates who are Australian Citizens or hold perm residency will be considered.
Agencies please note: This recruitment assignment is being managed directly by our internal talent team. We will certainly reach out to our external partners if we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.