As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
The Shipping Assistant (SA) is responsible for preparing all Datto devices to ship. This role is required to pack devices into the appropriate boxes with the correct documentation and accessories for each device taking care not to damage any sensitive hardware in the process. This role will also assist with receiving packages that arrive in morning deliveries. The SA is responsible for unboxing any packages having to do with inbound RMAs and Competitor Trade-In devices, and categorizing them before checking them in with the inventory manager and placing items into their respective areas within the warehouse. This individual must be able to keep an organized workspace and be familiar with our products.
You will report to the Shipping Supervisor.
Does This Describe You:
Hard working, detail oriented, team player.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Package all Datto devices into the appropriate boxes
- Ensure all packages are neatly stacked onto pallets
- Clean shipping area every night
- Operate forklift and pallet jacks
- Oversee multiple deliveries weekly to move material between Norwalk and Monroe
- Prepare documentation and kit materials
- Build and prepare shipping boxes and foam packaging
- Monitor inventory, ensuring inventory is neatly stored
- Input tracking numbers to invoices daily once shipments have gone out
- Assist build, logistics, and inventory management in large-scale tasks such as unboxing chassis for build, assembling drives in trays for server management
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to operate bailer, forklift and pallet jack (training provided) Ability to lift 75 lbs.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.