As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
A Look Inside the Job:
As the Senior Product Manager - Networking, you will be directly responsible for driving innovation within Datto’s Networking line of business.
In addition to conceptualizing and driving key Networking roadmap items supportive of product strategy, you will take a special role on the product team to manage cross-departmental initiatives such as (1) driving more accountability for the ‘roadmap intake’ process by standardizing our participation in customer advisory boards, scalability addressing customer feedback via online forums, and enhancement requests (2) developing a comprehensive strategy for taking our industry-leading churn/cancellation rates and making them even better (3) embedding with our Sales & Success organizations to ensure that we’re collecting GTM feedback efficiently.
- Own product through the entire product life cycle, from initial proposal, requirements definition, launch, and retirement
- Using product research input, create detailed business and technical requirements, working alongside engineering to design, develop, and bring concepts to market
- Contribute to the strategic planning process and ensure continuing alignment of the product strategy with the overall company strategy
- Collaborate with product marketing and sales on go-to-market strategy and execution. Keep stakeholders involved and informed throughout the planning, development, testing, and deployment lifecycle. Manage stakeholder and customer escalations when needed
- Establish success criteria for product usage and perform ongoing measurement and monitoring, using input to inform roadmap and designs.
- 5-10 years of product management experience
- A consistent track record leading all aspects of a product throughout its lifecycle
- A solid Product Owner background, with a demonstrated experience working with a team of technical experts in an agile environment
- Demonstrated skills communicating with peers, managers, and senior leadership
- Excellent analytical, collaboration, presentation and written skills
- Extensive experience with enterprise software very helpful
- Solid technical understanding of common IT routing and networking appliances and solutions
- Fluent with hardware & cloud platform solutions for enterprise WAN
- Experience working with external hardware / ODM partners on platform design, delivery and certifications
- Deep understanding of Network security, especially cloud Firewall and UTM solutions
- Deep understanding of the entire Network stack and OSI model
- Solid business acumen. Understanding trends in XaaS in a small and medium business environment a major plus
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- CSPO® or A-CSPO® Certification
- At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.