As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
As a Cloud Data Engineer II, your responsibilities will include the design and implementation of cloud-based (AWS & Snowflake) data services, pipelines, and infrastructure. You will partner with several teams to understand their data use cases and/or requirements to provide solutions. You will be involved in the entire project lifecycle including architecture, design, development, deployment, and ongoing enhancements. You will be responsible for staying current on the latest technologies and industry best practices to ensure that business objectives are consistently being met using modern solutions.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Create and maintain automated solutions spanning the code management, build, package, deploy, and delivery functions of DevOps
- Create, maintain, and improve CI/CD and automated testing pipelines
- Manage the day-to-day usage and provisioning of cloud and hybrid resources based on the project needs
- Adopts engineering best practices to deliver higher quality and scalable solutions
- Identify, evaluate, recommend, and implement new tools and methodologies to optimize processes
- Builds deployment automation with configuration as code to provision data cloud services/infrastructure
- Stays abreast of emerging DevOps and Data technologies/tools
- Ensure performance and availability of data infrastructure
- Strong Knowledge of Cloud Design Patterns and Best Practices Experience working with the AWS ecosystem (AWS cloud certified plus)
- Hands-on experience with AWS services such as VPC, EC2, ECS/EKS, S3, ELB, RDS, SES, Route53, Cloud Watch, WAF, HSM/KMS, IAM, Code Commit, Secrets Manager, Cloud Trail, Global Accelerator, API Gateways and others
- Excellent understanding of technical architecture and design, theories, and best practices in a broad range of deployment, management, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS
- Hands-on experience with at least one Snowflake implementation
- 5+ yrs of total experience and 3+ yrs of experience across AWS and Snowflake
- Experience monitoring performance and costs
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Ansible and Terraform
- Solid understanding of networking, network security, load balancers, TCP/IP
- Working knowledge of security standards and best practices
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous delivery using GitLab
- Experience supporting, maintaining, and monitoring data pipelines
- Solid understanding of Data Modeling, ETL & Data Warehousing
- Must have high integrity, accountability, a positive attitude, and be willing to do what it takes to make the team successful
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze for potential future issues
- Well-versed in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Responsible, conscientious, organized, self-motivated, and able to work with limited supervision
- Proficient experience in shell scripting, Python, and SQL
- Must have experience with AWS, Snowflake, Airflow, and Python
- Preferable experience with one or more ALM suites (Atlassian preferred)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.