As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
A Look Inside the Job:
As the Director, Product & Licensing, you will be directly responsible for establishing and standardizing the architecture, principles, policies, and guidelines for pricing our products and will own operationalization of SKUs, promotions, price changes, EOS/EOL and other related product lifecycle functions.
In addition, as a senior leader in the Product team, this resource will be the subject matter expert (SME) for competitive pricing models and would also help coordinate initiatives to improve profitability and efficiency of the product portfolio.
- Drive development of consistent pricing architecture and principles across various product lines to position the products based on value and competitive situation.
- Develop Methodology to determine pricing of new offerings in relation to the value and help maintain/periodically update appropriately
- Lead a successful pricing process through cross-functional collaboration with Product, Sales, and Finance.
- Drive the evaluation, recommendation and operationalization of pricing decisions on new and existing products.
- Perform competitor analysis on similar products and scope out opportunities based on market trends and industry condition
- Continuously evaluate pricing model(s) and results against our market and competition, identify trends and opportunities, and assist in GTM strategies.
- Be a subject matter expert for all things related to Pricing.
- Perform business analysis, market analysis and support managerial decision making.
- Train key stakeholders on pricing policy and changes
- Equivalent of 10+ years of experience in finance, pricing, or strategy, preferably in enterprise software, cloud computing, internet technology, SaaS, or a related field.
- Ability to lead with influence
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Analytical and highly organized with strong attention to detail
- At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.