Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an Account Executive to join a growing team in our Irvine office. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Regional Sales Manager.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Target and cultivate Strategic Enterprise MSP clients from top tier prospect list to sell the One Datto Partnership/Value Proposition and close opportunities.
- Develop prescriptive processes, call strategies, and messaging to drive large opportunity conversion for new business, working with Biz Dev, Marketing, and SDRs where appropriate.
- Nurture relationships with multiple MSP C-suite personas (e.g., CFO, CIO, COO, CSO) building consensus for change horizontally and vertically across the target MSP account
- Tailoring the Datto value proposition to potential new buying partners based on in-depth research of specific business conditions and drivers
- Identify the right specialist/support resources to bring into a deal, at the right time
- Oversee client relationship mapping to the account team, orchestrating an account strategy across a broad virtual team (Solutions Consultants, Solutions Specialist, Success resources, and Marketing, etc.)
- Serve as a trusted advisor to your Partners by understanding their business and advising on how Datto can help enable their existing and future IT roadmap
- Serve as a trusted advisor within Datto to advise internal stakeholders (marketing, business development, SDR function, product, customer success, executive team) guiding the broader Datto team toward success and outcomes in our strategic account Go-to-Market execution.
- A thorough understanding of the sales process, and ability to progress and quarterback complex sales cycles
- 5+ years of successful B2B sales experience within the technology industry (MSP sales is a plus)
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Hunter's mentality
- A keen understanding of competition, competitive vulnerabilities and strengths and how to position Datto favorably with CSuite decision makers/influencers
- Advanced ability to understand the "bigger picture" and the business drivers around IT
- Strong and proven problem solving skills
- Established ability to thrive in a face paced environment with excellent time management and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Consistently achieve exceeding activity KPIs to build and progress pipeline
- Successful track record establishing trusted relationships with current and prospective clients as well as internal teams
- Demonstrated ability to generate high growth level new business, build relationships, negotiate deals, and maintain healthy C-Level relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate and present complex technical concepts and business value to all levels of an organization
- Proven performance and history of consistently exceeding sales targets
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.