Datto protects business data and provides secure connectivity for tens of thousands of the world’s fastest growing companies. Datto’s Total Data Protection solutions deliver uninterrupted access to business data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Thousands of IT service providers globally rely on Datto’s combination of pioneering technology and dedicated services to ensure businesses are always on, no matter what. Datto is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and has offices in Monroe, Rochester, Boston, Portland, Toronto, London, Singapore, Sydney, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam. Learn more at www.datto.com
We are looking for Staff Accountant to join our UK finance team supporting the EMEA region, based in Reading, reporting to the EMEA Financial Controller. The ideal candidate has excellent business acumen, proficiency in managing and analysing big data, and is skilled in utilising software tools such as Excel, to maximise efficiency and effectiveness of processes. In addition, the candidate has good accounting knowledge, internal controls, and experience working with external auditors. They are an analytical thinker with a data driven background that supports cross-functional work streams. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to learn, grow, and become a part of the Datto team.
- Assist in month-end close process and other assigned department related tasks, as necessary
- Record monthly journal entries, cash transactions and prepare related account reconciliations including but not limited to bank reconciliations, prepaid expense, accrued expenses, accounts receivable and deferred revenue.
- Ensure data integrity for assigned accounts including consistent compliance with internal controls over financial reporting
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues, effectively and in a timely manner
- Assist in the development of SOX compliant documentation of internal controls
- Support business processes by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts Payable, Engineering, Marketing, Business Development, Human Resources, and Supply Chain Operations
- Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement and automation
- Partake in ad hoc accounting or finance projects and analysis, as assigned
- Assist with external audit requests during both the annual audit and quarterly reviews
- Accounting or similar degree
- Part qualified or finalist ACCA or CIMA
- Experience of 2 years + working in a commercial environment, preferably within the Technology industry
- Experience with working in a complex ERP system; NetSuite is preferred
- Excellent communication skills: proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various level in a clear and concise manner
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user (candidate must be comfortable working with and analysing large datasets)
- Ability to facilitate and resolve issues
Here at Datto our people are our greatest asset, which is why we offer a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Above and beyond the typical medical, dental and vision, we also offer a generous 401k plan with a significant employer match, unlimited paid time off, educational reimbursement, fitness reimbursement, and travel subsidies for commuters. We have a patent rewards program and various other fun perks and fringe benefits, including free lunch every Friday in all of our offices globally.