As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
This role manages the day-to-day operation of the Collections department with a primary focus on collection of delinquent payments and/or recovery strategies. The manager will ensure maximum accuracy, efficiency, and compliance related to all collections activities. This role will evaluate and decide the best set of collection/recovery products like re-negotiations, refinancing and deliver world class service to delinquent customers, providing the best possible experience as well as resolving their financial difficulties. The manager will effectively use collection/contact rate/expected payout models to drive the best collection policies to ensure best in class recovery rate for the portfolio. Build dynamic collection and communication strategies which optimize the collection channel (call/sms/email/do nothing etc.) and most optimal communication template and also the most optimal decision (report bureau, block card, give discount, counter-offer etc.) given all the past information on the delinquent account.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Accomplish department and team level objectives by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and corrective action; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of collection and/or recovery functions which may include, but are not limited to: communication campaigns, inbound and outbound call strategies, short-term and long-term assistance, workout payment plans based on advice from Finance, post charge-off recovery strategies, disconnection of services process, and other operations and quality control functions for the purpose of limiting Partner delinquency and charge-off.
- Research, develop and facilitate collection procedures according to company policies. Conduct periodic reviews of existing systems, procedures and workflows to ensure highest level of Partner service, productivity, internal control and legal compliance.
- Support team with the evaluation of customer financial circumstances, problem resolution, escalations, and the development of recommendations to assist the customer and mitigate losses, delinquencies and avoid future complaints.
- Ensure proper preparation and delivery of letters, notices, and other communications.
- Review various reports to ensure that proper tracking is in place to effectively evaluate and improve processes and metrics within the business unit. Provide and develop management reporting to support determining mid-term and long-term strategic goals.
- Responsible for daily case/ticket assignment to team and meet SLAs in Salesforce (Netsuite as a future state). Optimize staffing aligned with workload and SLAs.
- Provide and develop operational reporting on day to day team productivity. Communicate the status of delinquent accounts to the management or other appropriate personnel.
- Review accounts and recommend for charge-off as appropriate; supervise approved accounts' charge-off procedure.
- Develop, mentor and manage the performance of the collections team.
- Assist in budgeting, forecasting and ad hoc reporting specific to Department needs.
- Proven track record of managing full cycle collections strategies for retail credit products like credit cards etc.
- 7+ years of collections experience in a professional services firm required.
- A bachelor's degree (preferably Masters or higher) with an interest in quantitative analytics.
- Delivers excellent results that exceeds requirements, plans appropriately to meet multiple objectives and is forward thinking on inter-dependencies to proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Solid understanding of collections as well as behavioral scoring models esp. for retail credit products.
- Generally clear, concise and structured, and is able to explain complex concepts in a simple manner.
- Detail oriented and process oriented, team player.
- Deep thinker capable of processing a lot of information towards most optimal decision making.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of cash applications and related accounting processes
- Strong problem-solving and supervisory experience required
- Technical skills: Advanced Excel/Google sheets, SQL, Tableau, Lucid Charts, Salesforce, Netsuite, Zuora.
- Strong understanding of financial accounting and CRM systems (Salesforce, Netsuite, Zuora) a plus.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.