As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
The Senior Director will establish and own the process for the preparation of quarterly and annual external reporting, developing, and maintaining timelines and coordinating with key internal and external stakeholders. The candidate will also serve as the point person for technical accounting research and application of new accounting pronouncements and the establishment and compliance with SOX policies and procedures.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Preparation and review of all external financial reports, including Form 10-K and 10-Q, including XBRL, and support of registration statements and offering memorandums, as applicable.
- Assist in the preparation and review of Earnings Releases and Investor Presentations, as applicable.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Report and Proxy statement, supporting the legal department with information as requested, as applicable
- Maintain the appropriate supporting documentation for all information presented, including Metrics. Support the audit of such information by the Company’s independent auditors.
- Establish, maintain, and ensure compliance with a detailed External Reporting Calendar.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors, including highlights of financial statement disclosure to facilitate their understanding of key matters.
- Help establish key governance processes, such as the Company’s Disclosure Committee, to ensure that key issues and matters are identified and considered.
- Establish and run process for Internal Certifications and SOX certifications included with public filings. Coordinate process for the Management Representation letter provided to the Company’s independent auditors.
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare technical memorandums to document accounting and reporting conclusions for SEC reporting and presentation matters. This includes appropriate documentation of Non-GAAP measures utilized by the Company, as well as monitoring measures reported by other companies.
- Assisting in the accounting for equity compensation, including the valuation of awards and preparation of financial statement disclosure.
- Preparation of calculations of Earnings Per Share.
- Implementation and maintenance of a software to automate reporting, such as Workiva.
- Ownership of the Company’s compliance with SOX requirements
- Coordinating the statutory audits for the Company’s foreign entities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA designation required.
- 7 to 9 years of public accounting and/or publicly-held company experience, specifically with SEC reporting experience.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, as well as SOX compliance.
- Experience working directly with various external parties, including accounting and legal firms.
- Experience planning, organizing, and managing a public company reporting process, including establishing detail tasks and timelines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring progress.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills – primarily Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with an automated reporting software, such as Workiva.
- Ability to work on a fast-paced team and adapt to rapidly changing situations and conditions.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and prioritize competing deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, research, conceptual and planning skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prepare clear and concise supporting documentation.
- Ability to self-motivate, be proactive and function independently.
- Must be very hands-on, flexible, and open to new, evolving, or rotating responsibilities.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.