As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.

Our engineering teams work directly with stakeholders in our product, sales, and technical support departments to build the right solutions, the right way, so we can continuously deliver reliable, high-quality products to our MSP partners. We speak many languages like Scala, PHP, Java, C#, Ruby, English, French, Spanish, Korean, and Mandarin, to name a few, but what’s most important is technical excellence agnostic of language. We embrace Agile principles and bring those values to how we work. Collaboration, teamwork, open communication, and transparency are vital to our success. Our team embodies these values as we work together to solve complex challenges. Trust and accountability are the pillars of our company, and having a can-do attitude is central to being a team member.

A Look Inside the Job

• You will help ensure that Datto’s platform is innovative and of the highest quality
  • Participate as a quality ambassador, engineer and eyes of the customer as a member of an agile software development team
  • Perform various testing methods, levels and types as needed (white box, black box, compatibility, integration, performance, regression testing, etc.)
  • Identify creative ways to break the product, uncover and report defects as well as validate solutions
  • Increase coverage of automated testing
  • Participate in release processes for your assigned product
  • Design release and regression test strategies
  • Significantly contribute to Datto’s test automation framework
  • Educate your peers in Engineering and Product on test automation methodologies; Partner with them to set product quality measurements and goals
  • Provide ongoing test activity updates to your Scrum team and members of the Dev in Test community
  • Assist in refining our automated software testing methodologies

About You:

• Independent, driven, creative, flexible, and enjoys taking ownership 
  • Passionate technologist looking to learn and grow from the best in software development
  • Good knowledge of testing methodologies and concepts 
  • Excellent out of the box thinker and problem solver
  • Passion for test automation
  • Strong computer science background in data structures, design patterns, and algorithms with a good understanding of the software development life cycle
  • 1 to 3 years of development experience in an object-oriented language (e.g., Python, Java, PHP, C++, Scala) 
  • Experience in writing automated tests with a framework such as pytest
  • Some experience with: 
    • Agile Scrum
    • Continuous integration, unit testing, and quality delivery
    • Modern front-end technology stacks including HTML, CSS, React, JavaScript, TypeScript and client-side, component-oriented libraries 
    • Distributed version control software (e.g., Git, Subversion, etc.) 
    • Developing in a Linux environment 
    • Development frameworks (e.g., Akka, Zend, Spring, Symfony, .NET) 
  • Solid credentials (Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience) 

Bonus

• Experience with 
    • APIs and API automated testing
    • Selenium
    • relational databases (e.g. MySQL) 

Benefits:

• At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:

Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits

By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.

Datto is an equal opportunity employer.

Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)

Apply for this Job

* Required

Demographic Questions

Individuals seeking employment at Datto are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. In order to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts and ensure we consider the needs of all our employees, please consider answering the following questions.

Completion is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter and any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.

Your responses to any of the following questions will be anonymized and only used to improve Datto’s diversity and inclusion initiatives. These responses will not be used / reviewed in connection with your application for employment.

I identify my gender as:

I identify as transgender:

I consider myself a member of the LGBTQ+ community

I identify my sexual orientation as:

I identify my ethnicity as:

Veteran status:

I have a physical disability: