As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Does This Describe You:
A collaborative and multidisciplinary UX expert that can thrive in ambiguity and convey abstract concepts to internal and external stakeholders. A proven design generalist that is comfortable working across disciplines like conceptual design, usability, interaction design, service design, and visual design. Someone that has a strong portfolio that demonstrates how human-centered brands win in complex technology landscapes.
A Look Inside the Job:
This role is a unique opportunity to identify, explore, and validate future technology and business opportunities for Datto. As a key member of a small cross-functional innovation team, you will be an instrumental subject matter expert that helps us push into greenfield problem spaces impacting small and medium businesses. You will be the UX lead on the team, significantly influencing which problems we pursue. This role is creating the future for Datto.
- 40% - Discovery - Identify the problems, users, systems, and business drivers
- 20% - Definition - Turn raw data into insights. Analyze and frame the data into actionable recommendations
- 20% - Design - Synthesize insights into concepts, designs, narratives, etc. Inspire users and the organization through well-executed visioning by crafting artifacts such as sketches, wireframes, and prototypes as appropriate
- 20% - Influence - Energize others to invest in your proposed problems & solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Design, Social Science, or other data- or research-centric field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years as a multidisciplinary UX designer with demonstrated experience conducting research to drive product and business innovation within cross functional teams
- Portfolio demonstrating highly performing UX expertise with perpetual curiosity and proven UX research methods and design styles across diverse projects
- Penchant for methods of creating and learning with low fidelity and iterative artifacts early in exploration phases. Demonstrated Human-Centered Design leveraging Presumptive Design methods (or similar)
- Familiarity with multiple qualitative and quantitative research methods, both evaluative and generative
- Ability to communicate (verbally and graphically), ideas, decisions and reasoning with clarity, confidence and passion
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and self-manage complex projects
- Demonstrated experience in navigating and thriving in ambiguity
- Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Solid business acumen. Understanding trends in XaaS in a small and medium business environments a major plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset and small business experience a plus
- Front end development experience a plus
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
- At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.