As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Datto is seeking a dynamic Product Marketing Manager (PMM) with a background in Azure and/or other related experience to join our team. This individual will be responsible for all product marketing activities including market-sizing, crafting of personas, product positioning, messaging and will play a critical role in developing and driving the go-to-market strategy and influencing product direction.
Working with a global cross functional team that includes product management, engineering, executive leaders, marketing, sales and business development, the PMM will lead the marketing efforts to bring a new and exciting product to market. As a leading business owner of this product they will build and execute the strategic marketing plan, while developing and creating core deliverables outlined in the plan. Strong attention to detail, an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into business benefit is crucial. The PMM is expected to be the expert in the market as well as the buyers of their products across global markets and to fully understand their buying criteria and buying process. They will be responsible for transferring that knowledge to the company’s global sales,
marketing and executive teams.
Working at Datto is exciting and fun. While office closures have forced us to rework some of our signature employee perks - such as free lunches, talent shows, ping pong tournaments and happy hours - our culture of working hard and playing hard remains strongly intact. Ranked in ComputerWorld’s best places to work in IT, Datto truly cares about its employees, fostering their growth and empowering them to succeed. But if you are looking for a rigid, methodical work environment that never changes, this isn’t the job for you. Individuals will need to be comfortable working in an unstructured and fast-paced environment. This is a rapidly growing company with opportunities galore, and your work here as an individual contributor can and will make a difference. As we often say, it’s not work. It’s Datto.
A Look Inside the Job:
Act as a recognized technical and business expert and owner of your product. Execute the following activities:
- Rapidly understand assigned products and their potential fit in the market
- Conduct regular partner/customer interviews for market research, to test ideas and to gain a better understanding of the market and the competition
- Develop market requirements to capture the needs and segmentation of channel partners and customer
- Create product positioning and messaging for assigned products
- Build and execute a marketing plan for how to leverage Public Relations, Analyst
- Relations, content, demand gen, social media, and other marketing levers to establish and grow product demand and awareness
- Develop go-to-market content and collateral, including sales presentations, demos, and competitive write-ups
- Work with the international marketing team to create/modify product collateral for the
- Gather and analyze product performance and operational metrics
- Develop and deliver sales ready messaging for the purpose of enabling sales execution
- Serve as key resource to sales and channel marketing for assigned products
- Work with sales enablement to develop training curriculum that reflects the appropriate messaging for assigned products
- Use data and research to continually influence product strategy and evolve go-to-market plans
- Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in business or technology field required. An MBA is preferred.
- 7 years minimum experience in product or field marketing for enterprise software vendors. Experience working with the channel a plus.
- Pragmatic Marketing Certification preferred
- Understands how to effectively coordinate efforts on a global scale.
- Understands business concepts and is able to refine and then resolve ambiguous
problems or issues.
- Able to effectively convey information to a wide variety of audiences, from executives to
customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Uses understanding of organizational decisions to make informed choices relating to the
- Able to analyze and interpret data and metrics and use information to make informed
- Demonstrates strong writing and presentation skills.
- Develops skill to manage teams; uses basic skills to influence team members.
- Able to negotiate at a cross-functional level; is willing to give and receive feedback.
- Shows initiative and demonstrates leadership commensurate with the scope of
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.