As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.

Datto is seeking a dynamic Product Marketing Manager (PMM) with experience in solutions utilized and delivered by Managed Services Providers. This individual will be responsible for all product marketing activities including market-sizing, crafting of personas, product positioning, messaging and will play a critical role in developing and driving the go-to-market strategy and influencing product direction. 

Working with a global cross functional team that includes product management, engineering, executive leaders, marketing, sales and business development, the PMM will lead the marketing efforts for their assigned product area. As a leading business owner of this product they will build and execute the strategic marketing plan, while developing and creating core deliverables outlined in the plan. Strong attention to detail, an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into business benefit is crucial. The PMM is expected to be the expert in the market as well as the buyers of their products and to fully understand their buying criteria and buying process. They will be responsible for transferring that knowledge to the company’s global sales, marketing and executive teams and creating supporting content.

Responsibilities

Act as a recognized technical and business expert and owner of your product. Execute the following activities:

• Rapidly understand assigned product and the potential fit in the market
  • Conduct regular partner/customer interviews for market research, to test ideas and to gain a better understanding of the market and the competition
  • Develop market requirements to capture the needs and segmentation of channel partners and customer
  • Create product positioning and messaging for assigned products 
  • Build and execute a marketing plan for how to leverage Public Relations, Analyst Relations, content, demand gen, social media, and other marketing levers to establish and grow product demand and awareness
  • Develop go-to-market content and collateral, including sales presentations, demos, and competitive write-ups
  • Work with the international marketing team to create/modify product collateral for the international markets
  • Gather and analyze product performance and operational metrics
  • Develop and deliver sales ready messaging for the purpose of enabling sales execution
  • Work with sales enablement to develop training curriculum that reflects the appropriate messaging for assigned products
  • Use data and research to continually influence product strategy and evolve go-to-market plans

Preferred Education

• Bachelor’s degree or global equivalent in business or technology field required.
  • MBA preferred.

Work Experience

• 7 years minimum experience in product or field marketing for enterprise software vendors. Experience working with the channel a plus. 
  • Pragmatic Marketing Certification preferred

Skills

• Understands how to effectively coordinate efforts on a global scale.
  • Understands business concepts and is able to refine and then resolve ambiguous problems or issues.
  • Able to effectively convey information to a wide variety of audiences, from executives to customers, suppliers, and partners.
  • Uses understanding of organizational decisions to make informed choices relating to the product family.
  • Able to analyze and interpret data and metrics and use information to make informed decisions.
  • Demonstrates strong writing and presentation skills.
  • Develops skill to manage teams; uses basic skills to influence team members.
  • Able to negotiate at a cross-functional level; is willing to give and receive feedback.
  • Shows initiative and demonstrates leadership commensurate with the scope of responsibilities.

At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:

• Comprehensive health-care benefits
  • Free lunch every Friday
  • Flexible paid time off policy
  • Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
  • Fitness reimbursement
  • Charity match program
  • Education reimbursement
  • And more!

By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited.  We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.

Datto is an equal opportunity employer.

Apply for this Job

* Required

Demographic Questions

Individuals seeking employment at Datto are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. In order to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts and ensure we consider the needs of all our employees, please consider answering the following questions.

Completion is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter and any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.

Your responses to any of the following questions will be anonymized and only used to improve Datto’s diversity and inclusion initiatives. These responses will not be used / reviewed in connection with your application for employment.

I identify my gender as:

I identify as transgender:

I consider myself a member of the LGBTQ+ community

I identify my sexual orientation as:

I identify my ethnicity as:

Veteran status:

I have a physical disability: