Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Software Engineer (iOS) to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Senior Director of Beijing Operations.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code – write exceptional software!
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application – We care about our user’s experience!
- Write and execute unit tests and work with the QA team to further develop automated testing frameworks.
- Participate in code and design reviews with your peers to ensure high quality, efficient code and designs are used.
- Spend time researching and evaluating new and relevant technologies and techniques in the mobile space.
- Mentor other software developers on the team.
- 2+ years of experience in application development with at least 1 year in iOS development working directly with iOS, Swift 3 or newer, APIs and Frameworks.
- Professional experience with deployment, Apple Store policies and Apple design guidelines.
- Experience with consuming third party APIs in a mobile environment.
- Understanding of proven design patterns and architectures.
- Understanding of application trends and ability to learn new technology.
- Good organizational, problem solving and communication skills.
- A background in the fundamentals of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design.
- A seasoned understanding of the iPad and iPhone application development environments.
- Excellent problem solving skills and teamwork.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, motivation and a desire for continuous improvement.
- A team player
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.