As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
More than someone who checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work and grow at Datto. If that's you we hope you apply for the role!
You enjoy teamwork
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You would rather create the future than wait for it.
You’re customer-focused and take pride in your work.
You put extra attention into details with all you do. You care about the work you provide to customers and how it reflects on yourself and Datto. When you find or see something wrong, you attempt to resolve it. You look for opportunities to not only better yourself, but others around you. You aim to be the best that you can be and always do the right thing.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure the overall system reliability, uptime, health, and performance of Datto’s SaaS Protection offering
- Develop, deploy, and maintain the appropriate systems, services, and tooling in Datto’s production environment that provides constant feedback to stakeholders inclusive of the core development team
- Implement best practices promoting service availability/reliability and fault tolerance
- Add the appropriate monitoring to the SaaS Protection platform which detects and alerts along with potential remediation recommendations and/or taking corrective action
- Scale the SaaS Protection platform and reduce human intervention as needed by automating any repetitive operational activities and measuring normal operation of the platform
- Collaborate with the Product and Software Development teams to determine the core products reliability strategy, including Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and Indicators (SLIs); ensure that service reliability best practices are a core tenet of all new software design and development
- Collect SLI metrics and establish monitoring based on SLO thresholds and other product requirements
- Troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively; continually improve processes and reliability based on post-mortem analysis
- Participate in a rotational on-call program and enhance troubleshooting techniques and utilities to ensure quick resolution to service impacting issues
- Communicate with Users, Support, and Development teams in the event of an incident
- Diagnose and develop root cause solutions for failures and performance issues in our production environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in software development, automation, infrastructure as code, and data-driven analysis
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, and Salt
- Hands-on experience with mainline programming and scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby, and Perl
- Familiar with standard tools and platforms that enable continuous delivery such as GitLab, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, JIRA, and ServiceNow.
- Virtualized hardware and infrastructure experience
- Strong root cause analysis and troubleshooting competency
- Strong tendency to automate and monitor everything
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivated & willing to learn
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
- At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.