As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to the Cloud Engineer, Team Lead.
Does This Describe You:
Experienced Openstack Swift engineer to help
- Install, configure and maintain Datto's Openstack Swift clusters and Linux server environments
- Ensure system stability, scalability, security and performance requirements.
- Create and maintain documentation surrounding our infrastructure.
- Automate processes through scripting and configuration management tools such as Salt
- Assist development team and rest of company with technical computing requirements and ongoing needs.
- 5+ years experience with OpenStack Swift, building, managing, and supporting Swift clusters
- 5+ Years experience with Linux administration
- Experience with Linux firewalls (UFW / IPTables) and general Linux networking.
- Experience with scripting and system automation (Python, Bash, Perl, Awk, etc).
- Experience with orchestration and configuration management tools (Puppet, Salt, etc)
- Experience with Elasticsearch + Mysql
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent IT work experience.
- Experience with KVM or other virtualization platforms.
- Ability to work independently under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for technology.
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills—documentation skills mandatory.
- Good diagnostic expertise including problem investigation, root-cause analysis and resolution skills.
- Strong self-directed work ethic.
- Passion to quickly acquire new skills and thrive in a team-based environment.
- Professional and courteous attitude with attention to customer service.
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Off hours support required.
- At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.