As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to the Manager, DevOps.
Does This Describe You:
You are a team player who excels in a collaborative environment.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Work towards the betterment of engineering at Datto
- Partner with Datto engineers to identify workflow pain points and develop their solutions
- Engineer continuous delivery pipelines that are stable, maintainable, scalable, and secure
- Be the bridge between software and systems engineering
- Identify trends in need of a larger solution, beyond the scope of the immediate problem
- Design and advocate best practices within the organization
- Solve complex and challenging issues with simple, maintainable, and scalable solutions
- Utilize Open Source solutions where appropriate to stand on the shoulders of giants
- Periodic travel may be required
- Off hours/on-call support required
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer developing and maintaining an application
- 5+ years experience with Linux administration (full stack or devops experience counts)
- Experience with scripting and systems automation (bash, python, etc.)
- Proficiency with git and ideally experience with collaborative use of GitHub or GitLab
- Passion for configuration management; Puppet preferred, Ansible/Chef/Salt acceptable
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools, e.g., Terraform, OpenStack Heat, etc
- Do your best work in an energized environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills—documentation is a must
- Good troubleshooting instincts and the ability to quickly triage/perform root-cause analysis
- The desire and capability to see a problem through to completion
- Ability to quickly acquire new skills and thrive in a team-based environment
- Agility in an environment that requires rapid iteration and pivoting
- Ability to effectively manage time and push multiple projects at once
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
- At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.