As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from whiteboarding and wireframing, to reviewing the final touches with Product Management and Engineering. You will lead projects with engineers and product managers, ensuring that requirements have been met and edge cases have been addressed. As an advocate of the Datto user, you will understand their technical and business challenges to create elegant solutions for complex problems. By leveraging your skills in experience design, interaction design, and visual design, you will influence the design process and best practices. You will inspire the teams around you, lead by example, and collaborate cross-functionally to build compelling user experiences for our partners.
You will report to the Director of Product Design, as part of our Engineering organization.
Does This Describe You:
You have a strong desire with a desire to engage with and actively collaborate with customers and software development process.
Inquisitive and user-centered, you think “what do they need?”, “what should we build?” before “how should it look?”
A Look Inside the Job:
- Help define and implement the user experience for Datto’s products and services, including their integrations, with a team of Product Designers and Product Managers.
- Lead multiple design projects simultaneously
- Develop a deep understanding of Datto’s users through user research, journey mapping, and analysis of behavior and desired outcomes
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and business team members to solve product and challenges through design
- Oversee the delivery of your work from concept through delivery, down to the last detail
- Produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to move between high, medium, and low fidelity output
- Help shape Datto’s collaborative design culture by building relationships and helping improve process throughout the organization
- 4+ years of experience in a product design/user experience role, including:
- A strong portfolio demonstrating real-world product design experience from ideation to completion
- Experience using Sketch and Invision, axure
- Experience conducting usability testing with a proven track-record of improving your designs through user feedback
- Strong organizational skills and experience maintaining a shared component library or design system within a team
- Bachelors in HCI, Computer Science or related field
- Experience working in a SaaS and/or IT industry
- Successful experience of handoffs and collaboration with engineering
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.