The Director will lead the preparation of quarterly and annual SEC and external reporting including coordination with other departments, developing and maintaining timelines, technical accounting research and application of new accounting pronouncements and establishment and compliance with SOX policies and procedures.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Preparation and review of all SEC financial reports including Form 10-K and 10-Q, including XBRL, and support of registration statements and offering memorandums.
- Assist in the preparation and review of Earnings Releases and Investor Presentations.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Report and Proxy statement, supporting the legal department with information as requested
- Maintain the appropriate supporting documentation for all information presented, including Metrics. Support the audit of such information by the Company’s independent auditors.
- Establish and maintain a detailed External Reporting Calendar, including deliverables, deadlines and responsible parties. Ensure compliance with the calendar.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors, including highlights of financial statement disclosure to facilitate their understanding of key matters.
- Establish and Chair the Disclosure Committee to ensure that key issues and matters are identified and considered.
- Establish and run process for Internal Certifications and SOX certifications included with public filings. Coordinate process for the Management Representation letter provided to the Company’s independent auditors.
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare technical memorandums to document accounting and reporting conclusions for SEC reporting and presentation matters. This includes appropriate documentation of Non-GAAP measures utilized by the Company, as well as monitoring measures reported by other companies.
- Assisting in the accounting for equity compensation, including the valuation of awards and preparation of financial statement disclosure.
- Preparation of calculations of Earnings Per Share.
- Implementation and maintenance of a software to automate reporting, such as Workiva.
- Streamline process for external reporting to ensure efficiency and accuracy of the process.
- Establish and document controls in accordance with SOX requirements for external reporting and valuation of stock awards.
- Ensure compliance with the controls identified.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA designation required.
- 7 to 9 years of public accounting and/or publically-held company experience, specifically with SEC reporting experience.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, as well as SOX compliance.
- Experience working directly with various external parties, including accounting and legal firms.
- Experience planning, organizing and managing a public company reporting process, including establishing detail tasks and timelines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring progress.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent PC skills – primarily Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with an automated reporting software, such as Workiva.
- Ability to work on a fast-paced team and adapt to rapidly changing situations and conditions.
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and prioritize competing deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, research, conceptual and planning skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prepare clear and concise supporting documentation.
- Ability to self-motivate, be proactive and function independently.
- Must be very hands-on, flexible and open to new, evolving or rotating responsibilities.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.