Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Channel Development Manager to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
We are looking for a Channel Development Manager responsible for recruiting, growing, and developing Datto partners in a specific territory to drive net new opportunities which result in revenue. The Channel Development Manager will work with Sales, Business Development, and Marketing to ensure our partners are utilizing the resources available to grow their Datto business. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and a substantial success track record in sales, business development, channel relationships, and deliver unique offerings that can be mutually beneficial.
Does This Describe You:
You are outgoing, a team player, and people-oriented!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Nurture and further develop relationships with current partners
- Ensure partners in the specific territory are aware of all sales and marketing resources available to them
- Educate partners on how to effectively present Datto solutions to their prospects and current customers
- Plan, recruit and execute end-user events with partners
- Attend and participate in team calls with sales team
- Attend User Groups/Marketing Events in the field when appropriate
- Own and drive relationship with Product and Partner Management team to ensure alignment
- Present on behalf of Datto and partner when appropriate
- May perform other job duties as directed by VP of Business Development
- Prepare and present a quarterly business territory plan, including but not limited to; industry event and roadshow execution, alongside the Channel Engagement team
- Five plus years of experience in a software channel development function
- Demonstrated experience working with or for Value Added Resellers, Managed Service Providers, National Strategic Partners Leadership experience in Direct Sales, Business Development, or Strategic Partnership development
- Prior experience in building and executing a strategic account plan both deep and wide across an organization
- Proven time management skills in a dynamic sales environment
- Good Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills: written and spoken
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle various tasks; attention to detail
- Solid hunting skills with the confidence to secure high-value partners
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain C level partner relationships
- Ability to create partner plans with proven experience in execution of strategies
- Experience presenting to large audiences of prospective VARs and MSPs as well as end customers
- Experience using Salesforce.com for opportunity management, activity tracking, and reporting
- Experience in the business continuity space
- Ability to travel up to 75%
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.