As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
We are seeking a full-time Events Intern to assist with internal event planning at Datto. This position will report to the Manager of Corporate Events. The Events Intern should have a passion for event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Assist in the planning and execution of small and large scale events. Events include but are not limited to Offsite Meetings, Summer Parties, Holiday Parties, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Incentive Trips, Conferences, etc.
- Assist with arranging/ordering food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment
- Make travel arrangements
- Order event signage, and ensure appropriate décor
- Assist with managing on-site set up, production and clean up for events as necessary
- Prepare name tags, materials, notebooks, packages, swag, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Assist with event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
- Liaise with key event partners and team members to ensure smooth event execution
- Work with marketing and PR to promote and publicize the event
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Ability to write, speak and interact clearly and professionally
- Strong proven organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office tools (i.e PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel)
- Familiarity with Google mail, calendar, etc.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to be nimble and adaptive in fast-paced environments
- Ability to interact with a variety of people internally and externally and use judgment to try to optimize outcomes
- Able to lift heavy materials
- Personal mode of transportation
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.