As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to the Supervisor of Technical Training.
Does This Describe You:
You are a problem solver, team player, and output oriented.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Create and maintain relationships and processes with relevant stakeholders across product development teams in order to inform and influence Technical Support training needs
- Collaborate/consult with Subject Matter Experts to identify key knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with learning objectives
- Identify appropriate instructional strategies based on content type, level of learner cognition needed post-training, learner attributes, technology delivery platforms, etc.
- Contribute to the innovation of learning products by contributing ideas for new training materials and improvement of existing training materials
- Create design documentation that communicates learning objectives, content structure, assessment measures, and learning impact
- Create prototypes, storyboards, scripts, course content, simulations, scenarios, assessments, etc. for learning solutions
- Build learning materials using eLearning authoring tools
- Leverage interactive, online learning models, AICC and SCORM standards, and adult learning principles to design and deliver effective training
- Partner with Datto’s LMS Administrator to deliver and embed content
- Establish best practices surrounding e-learning development, including creating design templates and identifying opportunities to streamline the production process
- Undergraduate degree in Instructional Design, Education, Educational Technology, or a related field of study
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the application of adult learning theory, instructional design, and online learning product development; preference for experience with both rapid and robust authoring tools and integration and delivery of e-learning courseware in learning management systems
- Advanced working knowledge of eLearning course authoring tools such as Articulate 360
- Experience working in Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Understanding of quality graphic design, ideally with experience working with graphic designers and developing graphics in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Ability to learn the business’s products and processes quickly
- Moderate to high technical aptitude. Ability to sufficiently learn and understand technical products and concepts required to communicate and work with technical subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Fluency in English required; multilingual preferred
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills including a professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Excellent consulting, problem solving, and analytical skills with a detail orientation
- Experience in project management, with skills necessary to interpret what is needed for the success of a project and to create appropriate schedules for a timely delivery
- Ability to effectively and accurately work on several projects one at a time, prioritize and organize tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations
- Must demonstrate outstanding judgment and mature business skills with the ability to establish a strong rapport with staff at all levels within the organization
- Proficiency using standard Microsoft Office/Google Suite software such as word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.