As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
A Look Inside the Job:
As the VP of Infrastructure Engineering you would work to develop, implement, and maintain a strategic plan for evolving our production environment and systems to achieve strategic business goals. One of the key challenges will be to upgrade and update our existing infrastructure while maintaining the reliability and durability our partners have come to expect. You will work to develop a strategic direction for the platform, hire and retain top engineering talent in infrastructure, and establish strong communication channels with the other areas of the business. You will ensure a high level of service while delivering business value and ensuring a broad adoption of your team’s tools and services across Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience managing managers and senior technical leaders, and distributed teams up to 100+ individuals
- Experience with global datacenter management, vendor negotiations, and running an IaaS or PaaS platform
- Experience leading a variety of teams including: DevOps, data center operations, database, network engineering, and software engineering teams
- Experience developing a plan to upgrade existing infrastructure while maintaining a high level of service to existing customers
- Up-to-date knowledge of emerging technologies, open source projects, and public cloud offerings
- Proven ability to recruit and retain top-notch Infrastructure Engineering talent
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.