As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
Datto is in the process of transforming their enterprise application architecture across all geo’s and product lines. As part of this transformation, we are looking for a Manager, Releases and Environments to lead delivery of new feature releases and testing environments across multiple platforms and multi-national programs. The Manager, Releases and Environments will be a key driver in the delivery of superior features to both internal and external users.
- Manage all aspects of end-to-end release process
- Manage team of testers
- Coordinate development environments across multiple platforms to ensure up-to-date, uniform code base, and comprehensive scope of included applications/systems
- Manage and track release and development environment refresh dependencies across teams, projects, and platforms
- Collaborate with developers, administrators, automation engineers, and other partner teams to address release issues and development environment refresh issues
- Verify that each release has the right set of features expected by the business and ensure that the release is feature-complete when delivered
- Author JIRA tasks pertaining to each release and ensure that all of the tasks comprising a release are completed in the right order, at the right time
- Maintain the JIRA sprint boards for the release, ensure that the tasks are in the right state, that sprints are opened and closed at the right time, and that tasks are flowing well throughout the sprint
- Create and maintain release and development environment refresh calendar to coordinate deployments and provide a cohesive mechanism for managing overall schedule of releases/refreshes
- Undertake a first pass at verifying the feature-completeness of a release by inspecting early release candidates.
- Resolve any and all issues that arise in the process of a release/refresh
- Proactively escalate release blockers and risks internally for speedy resolution
- Conduct release retrospectives and take actions to improve release process
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- People Management Experience
- 2-5 years of previous release and/or project management experience in a SaaS environment
- 3+ years of technical experience with the software development lifecycle in an agile (Scrum) environment
- 3+ years of experience with C#, .NET Core, MSBuild, PowerShell, and Visual Studio
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with source code, build, and continuous integration-related tools such as Team Foundation Server (TFS), Git, Perforce, and Jenkins
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Strong troubleshooting, debugging, and analytical skills
- Experience releasing to a cloud environment such as NetSuite, Salesforce, and/or cloud-based release management through application such as GitLab
- Experience with change management a plus
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to manage and keep track of multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to introduce and explain complex technical concepts
- Ability to prioritize conflicting tasks while staying flexible and responsive
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills, formal training in project management practices preferred
Here at Datto our people are our greatest asset, which is why we offer a comprehensive and unique benefits package.
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer