More than someone who checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work and grow at Datto. If that's you we hope you apply for the role!
You enjoy teamwork
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You would rather create the future than wait for it.
You’re customer-focused and take pride in your work.
You put extra attention into details with all you do. You care about the work you provide to customers and how it reflects on yourself and Datto. When you find or see something wrong, you attempt to resolve it. You look for opportunities to not only better yourself, but others around you. You aim to be the best that you can be and always do the right thing.
We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer who can help us design and build the next generation of products and features for Datto Saas Protection, to uphold our business continuity promise with Datto’s suite of SaaS application backup products. Typically, projects include working with managing large-scale cloud-to-cloud data flows, using third-party APIs (e.g., Google, Microsoft) and development of new product features and capabilities. You are a Software Engineer with familiarity of vulnerability exploitation methods and mitigation.
Practically, you would work on an agile team of 5-9 Quality, Product, and Software Engineers to collectively complete a themed set of business goals every two weeks. Furthermore, you will work with your team and others to architect solutions for large-scale security projects. You should have experience with Integration Security concepts like Mutual Authentication, Open SSO, SAML, OAUTH, Kerberos, JSON Web Token(JWT). Also, a solid understanding of OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and vulnerability scoring frameworks such as CVSS. As well as familiarity with attacks and mitigation methods, with development/scripting experience of security tools
- Independent, motivated, creative, flexible, and enjoys taking ownership
- Comfortable communicating with different partners to understand and work on technology roadmaps
- Passionate technologist looking to teach and learn from the best in software development
- 3+ years of experience in an object-oriented language (e.g. Java, PHP, Ruby, Scala)
- Understand Integration Security concepts like Mutual Authentication, Open SSO, SAML, OAUTH, Kerberos, JSON Web Token(JWT)
- Understand OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and and vulnerability scoring frameworks such as CVSS
- Understand attacks and mitigation methods, with development/scripting experience of security tools
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience with API development (e.g. RESTful, JSON-RPC, SOAP)
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Familiar with continuous integration, unit/automated testing, and quality delivery
- Familiar with agile development
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data following our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.