As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to the Sr. Director, Infrastructure Engineering.
Does This Describe You:
You're a team player who's not afraid to take on a challenge alone.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Install, maintain, monitor, and update VoIP and telecom systems, servers and gateways.
- Maintains VoIP system documentation including user guides, procedures, configurations and standards.
- Create, automate, provision, and deploy Linux-based operating systems/applications rapidly and at a very large scale
- Ensure system stability, scalability, security, and performance
- Create and maintain documentation surrounding our infrastructure
- Think out of the box and solve complex scaling challenges
- Provide engineering support to level 1 teams and answer emails from end users and system administrators with regards to the operation of Asterisk
- Experience with Asterisk and/or other Voice over IP (VoIP) systems with a 400+ phone setup
- Understanding of principles of voice and data communications
- General telephony understanding and experience configuring various VoIP Phones
- Knowledgeable in IP Telephony, unified communications, data networking, telecommunications, video technologies and Call Center
- Bachelor's degree in IT/IS, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent IT work experience
- Experience with configuration management; Puppet preferred but Ansible/Chef/Salt/CFEngine acceptable
- Experience with scripting and system automation (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Familiarity with DNS, Apache/NGINX, load balancers (HAProxy, F5, etc.)
- Virtualization experience (KVM, Xen, VMware)
- You excel under pressure in an energized environment
- You write good documentation for other team members to learn from
- Good diagnostic expertise including problem investigation, root-cause analysis, and resolution skills
- You love learning new skills and are an excellent teammate
- You have excellent time management skills and are willing to take on tasks outside of your normal responsibilities
- Willing to work off-hours support as needed including on-call rotation
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
- At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.