Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Manager of Software Engineering to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Datto is seeking an experienced manager for our software engineering teams. This position requires someone with the thorough knowledge of what it takes to build and maintain highly productive and collaborative Agile teams. The perfect candidate has a passion for developing people professionally, as well as the technical chops to accurately assess engineering performance without overshadowing the project’s technical architect.
You will report to the Sr. Director of Software Engineering.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Conduct one-on-ones and performance reviews, and assist with career pathing and goal setting
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of software engineering teams
- Execute on strategic initiatives laid out by senior management
- Oversee the health of our software engineering teams to ensure each team delivers code increments that add value to the business while protecting the technical health of the product
- Establish/Ensure sound software operational practices (configuration management. Code reviews, unit testing, architectural review, root-cause analysis/correction)
- Report on the status of the software development teams, quality, operations, and system performance to senior management
- Actively identify gaps with process, resources, or technical solutions, develop actions to address gaps, and collaborate with stakeholders to address and escalate as needed
- 5+ years in a management role, responsible for 10 or more engineers in an Agile environment
- BS in a technical field such as Computer Science, Software Engineering, EE, or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Work experience as a software engineer including experience with object oriented design, development frameworks, and/or web services
- Work experience in a technical position working in collaboration with software engineers
- Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong presentation and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.