Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Penetration Testing Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
The Application Security Engineer aids developers in the proactive identification of weaknesses in our products and services. You will have proficiency in penetration testing of operating systems and web applications. You will also offer application and architecture design and remediation guidance to engineering and product teams for identified issues. This role will is a perfect opportunity for a self-starter interested in growing an Application Security function from the ground up.
Does This Describe You:
You have great instincts, raw talent, and aren't afraid of taking on a challenge alone.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Discover threats, vulnerabilities and exploits through architecture design review, threat modeling, code review, and penetration assessments
- Offer remediation guidance to stakeholders for identified issues and serve as an escalation resource for engineering as they reduce issues
- Draft application security policies and standards that can be leveraged in the secure development of products and services
- Educate engineering employees on secure coding and development best practices
- Help with tools identification, onboarding and/or tools development to assist developers in the secure development of applications
- Configure, run and monitor automated security testing tools
- Build process and technology to improve the reporting and prioritization of identified weaknesses
- Organized, detail-oriented and pragmatic with effective communication skills
- Experience driving application security requirements in a traditional SDLC and through stories and epics in an Agile and SCRUM development environment
- Deep knowledge of software and web application vulnerabilities including OWASP top 10
- Penetration Testing or Systems Security Engineer experience
- Software Engineering experience developing/debugging
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.