Enterprise Systems - Software Engineer 1

About Datto:

As the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered by Managed Service Providers (MSPs), Datto offers business continuity and disaster recovery, networking, business management, and file backup and sync solutions.

You Would:  

We’re looking to build upon an established foundation of financial technologies that will become the system of record for all of our partners to buy products as well as maintain their accounts. This role would benefit from experience with ERP/Netsuite platforms. 

Practically, you would work on an agile team of 5-9 Quality, Product, and Software Engineers to collectively complete a themed set of business goals every two weeks. Furthermore, you will work with your team and others to architect and communicate solutions for financial initiatives.

A Note From: Evan Buther - Senior Director, Software Engineering 

The Portal Teams here at Datto directly support an intuitive, unified experience that our partners and internal stakeholders expect. Utilizing continuous integration (CI) deliverables are quickly meet with feedback and fine-tuned. This group of dedicated teams continue to amaze me with their technical knowledge and savvy thinking to solve problems that deal with technologies that scale this quickly. It continues to be my privilege to take part in the maturation of our process’, our products, and most importantly our engineers for the last 6+ years.

(This role will report to Evan and he has been with Datto since 2013. As an “early” employee Evan has seen Datto grow by 1400+ employees.)

Describes You: 

• Strong experience with front-end development (e.g. HTML, CSS, Javascript / TypeScript, Redux etc.)
  • Experience with front-end templating engines (e.g. Twig, Handlebars, etc.)
  • Working knowledge of OO programming languages (e.g. PHP, Python, Java, C++, C# etc.)
  • Experience developing within NetSuite environments (production as well as sandbox)
  • Able to communicate and coordinate with both technical and non-technical teams
  • Experience with API development (e.g. RESTful, JSON-RPC, SOAP)
  • Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
  • Familiar with Mulesoft, Salesforce, and agile development

Stack Summary: 

Proficient With

Linux - Object Oriented Language (Java - PHP - C++ - Scala) - HTML - CSS - JavaScript -TypeScript - API Development - Akka - Zend - Java Spring - Symfony - .NET - Unit Automated Testing - Agile Development - Redux

Willing to Learn or Had Experience With:

NetSuite - Mulesoft - Salesforce

Apply for this Job

* Required

Demographic Questions

Individuals seeking employment at Datto are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. In order to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts and ensure we consider the needs of all our employees, please consider answering the following questions.

Completion is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter and any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.

Your responses to any of the following questions will be anonymized and only used to improve Datto’s diversity and inclusion initiatives. These responses will not be used / reviewed in connection with your application for employment.

I identify my gender as:

I identify as transgender:

I consider myself a member of the LGBTQ+ community

I identify my sexual orientation as:

I identify my ethnicity as:

Veteran status:

I have a physical disability: