Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Accountant of Revenue to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
The Senior Accountant, Revenue will have active involvement in key processes at the direction of the Assistant Controller. This role will provide support to all key revenue related activities. You will report to the Assistant Controller.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Effect the timely and accurate recognition of revenue during the monthly close process meeting all deadlines
- Maintain strong knowledge of revenue recognition policies and independently apply to work product
- Ensure Assistant Controller is current on revenue and related issues
- Demonstrate strong technical skills with accounting and reporting software to facilitate analyses and reporting
- Review and maintain revenue related assumptions in systems subject to technical documentation and controls procedures
- Prepare revenue-specific journal entries and internal reporting
- Analyze and clear activity in the general ledger accounts, including preparation of monthly reconciliations for accrued revenue, deferred revenue and unbilled expenses
- Review and confirm accurate and timely input of inter-company revenue transactions
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of revenue-specific training materials
- Participate in revenue-specific audits
- Perform other reasonably related duties and/or special projects as directed by leadership
- Develop deep understanding of products and services to drive consistent approach across the organization
- Adhere to internal controls to meet Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Work with internal and external auditors
- BS in Accounting
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience in a public accounting firm; Big 4 preferred or experience working for a public company
- Solid technical skills, including experience with ASC 606, and the ability to analyze new transactions
- Exhibits strong time management skills and can work through roadblocks to meet commitments
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
- Strong team player able to effectively collaborate with others within and outside the organization
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.