Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Technical Architect to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Datto is in the process of transforming their enterprise application architecture across all geo’s and product lines. As part of this transformation, we are looking for a Technical Architect to join our global team. The Technical Architect, under general direction of the Lead Solution Architect will formulate/define system scope and objectives for key business systems through multiple releases. Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems. Develop prototypes and prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written. Analyze and revise existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary. Lead development, debugging, and testing of client/server and web applications, including but not limited to graphical user interface development, SOA development, and SQL database development, as well as program maintenance when necessary. Develop and mentor Tech Leads across development teams. Participate with Enterprise Architecture on technology. Stay informed on SDLC best practices and actively drive process improvements and adoption across the development teams.
Does This Describe You:
You're a team player, communicative, and have a passion for learning.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Lead development and communication of end-to-end vision for technical solutions that may be implemented across multiple phases, including road maps for stable transition from existing systems to new solutions
- Identify buy vs. build opportunities and evaluate candidate package solutions where appropriate
- Facilitate the development of Non-Functional Requirements (technical requirements) balancing the needs of business owners with technical feasibility; explain and negotiate the tradeoffs and cost/effort.
- Work directly with the Enterprise Architecture team to validate the consistency of a solution design with the strategic technology direction and standards.
- Work with Enterprise Architecture on development and/or enhancements to strategic technology direction and standards, representing and advocating the development teams’ perspective.
- Partner with Architecture on technology direction, and the related evaluations, POCs and decisions.
- Communicate new requirements to the Enterprise team and work with them on an ongoing basis to extend the Enterprise Architecture standards and guidance.
- Work with technical leads to ensure performance, availability, scalability, integrity and usability.
- Champion and gain buy in from the Tech Leads and development teams for strategic technology direction and standards.
- Mentor and develop Tech Lead capabilities.
- Actively drive common standards, best practices and process improvements across the development teams.
- Work with PMs, Tech Leads and Developers to ensure proper solution implementations, with adherence to all required standards.
- Coordinate with infrastructure regarding structure, implementation and monitoring of solutions, across environments
- Coordinate with release management to drive automation of all deployment artifacts.
- Coordinate with security architect to drive adoption of enterprise security standards.
- Coordinate with QA on proper strategies to ensure quality; collaborate with QA to develop performance and load test scenarios.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 8+ years of industry experience in large scale enterprise solutions as a technical architect or senior developer.
- Excellent technology design knowledge and expertise including extensive knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Microsoft .NET Framework up to and including 4.6+
- Web Application Development, including server-side and RIA
- Angular JS, and related UI technologies (gulp/NPM/etc)
- Automated build, test, and deployment technologies
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Performance Analysis and Performance Engineering
- UI Prototyping techniques
- Service Oriented Architecture and Service Modeling
- DevOps concepts and strategies
- Excellent ability to understand corporate strategy and technology direction and translate business needs into effective technology designs.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to actively participate and audit artifacts from multiple, concurrent projects
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Desire to share knowledge and help others build their careers
- Orientation toward continuous improvement
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.