Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an Intern to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
A Technical Support Intern candidate at Datto will possess good judgment skills, display a solid sense of urgency when handling customer interactions, and have a passion for customer satisfaction. This position is well suited for you to thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment and are focused on seeing customer issues through to completion. You should not be afraid to ask questions and work well with their surrounding teams. There are multiple shifts available to work and occasionally they may be adjusted for the needs of the business. You will report to the Blue Support Service Manager.
Does This Describe You:
You're ready to learn and apply your skills!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Build ongoing relationships with customers
- Develop technical and business expertise of all Datto products
- Develop a solid grasp of Datto customer requirements and processes
- Work with leadership to improve skill sets and further career development opportunities
- Create articles for our customer facing knowledge base when related information is not present
- You're motivated by learning new things in an environment filled with learning new technologies including virtualization, cloud computing, ZFS file systems, scripting, and Linux command line
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to prioritize tasks and workload
- Computer literacy skills
- Basic Networking knowledge
- Experience configuring routers/switches and basic networks
- Knowledge of windows operating system, basic configuration, hardware, RAID, file sharing, and VSS aware backup
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to work through difficult or stressful customer issues
- The ability to approach support issues from a training perspective when required
- Perseverance, adaptability, positive attitude, attention to detail, a good teammate and a good sense of humor is required
- Experience working within Linux command line and scripting MAC experience
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.