Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Digital Workplace & Intranet Manager to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
The Digital Workplace & Intranet Manager will manage the employee intranet for the audience of 1,600+ global Datto employees across 22 offices in 9 countries. This person will facilitate the creation of a new social intranet and be the point-of-contact for the overall visual design, site navigation, site content, engagement, and training of users, coordination with key stakeholders and oversight of the technology. A global “roving reporter,” this person will be responsible for keeping the pulse of the organization across the globe, on a daily basis.
The Digital Workplace Intranet Manager reports to the Internal Communications Manager in the Marketing department but will also be embedded within the HR organization. We are looking for a candidate who is a “people person” with the ability to interact across a broad cross-section of a global team: from senior management and technical staff, to everyday employees from across the globe. This person must love to travel, is able to work independently and cross-functionally in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Work with Internal Communications Manager to create an ongoing content calendar and strategy for creating dynamic content that is on brand and exemplifies Datto’s employee value proposition, company values, and corporate strategy
- Lead efforts to create and maintain a sound site navigation and information architecture
- Support intranet group contributors in maintaining active communities
- Engage stakeholders to encourage the creation and distribution of company content
- Measure employee engagement with intranet tools, with an eye towards continuous improvement
- Involve users in structured design and planning activities
- Provide introductions and training to users of all different levels (including average users, content owners, news authors, group owners)
- Liaise with the IT Department and software vendor on technical questions of implementation and upgrades
- Monitor site analytics and report on KPIs
- 2+ years of experience managing and implementing intranets or collaboration software
- 2+ years of experience in an internal communications role or similar
- Excellent writing, journalism or editorial skills
- Project management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to travel globally
- Strong leadership skills to coordinate and facilitate activities with colleagues
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy
- High level of comfort with social software and other web-based technologies
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.