Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.

As a member of the Product Business Analytics Team, the Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst will use technical and business knowledge to aid in the analysis, reporting and presentation of key performance indicators to support various business operations across the department. This role requires candidates to have an understanding of relational database structures and KPI reporting. This position will also partner with various stakeholders to best support self-service analytics and business decisions for the departments within the Product organization. The BI Analyst will use data to solve business problems and analyze metrics around specific reporting structures for various projects and teams within Product. They will work with the Manager of Business Analytics to create and maintain the business intelligence data sources, as well as various dashboard and ad hoc analysis and reporting.

A Look Inside the Job:

• Leverage Datto technology and process knowledge to define and lead projects that improve our performance: requirements, problem solving, analytics, share actionable insights, build solutions, drive change
  • Partner with Product leaders to fulfill analytic and reporting requests as domain data leader and be available to support follow up projects Assist in creating and supporting a self-service style analytics platform among stakeholders
  • Translate business needs into research designs that generate actionable insights through professional reporting formats (presentation or written)
  • Enhance our capability to analyze and “make sense” of large sets of data and translate findings in a visually appealing manner that tell a story and help us make better data driven decisions
  • Work with Product Analytics Manager to define and track KPIs, benchmarks and aid in identifying and measuring successful and failing strategies.
  • Identify opportunities for process improvement Continue education into emerging BI tools and processes

About You:

• Bachelor’s degree required, concentration in statistics, data science, operational research or finance preferred
  • Minimum of 2 years of experience in a business environment responsible for analysis and reporting
  • Advanced SQL and Excel knowledge
  • Intermediate Tableau experience (or similar software)
  • Proven ability to use data, analytics, and business knowledge to solve business problems
  • Statistical tools and predictive analytics highly desirable
  • High level of attention to detail, thoroughness and commitment to data quality and analytic rigor
  • Experience working in a fast paced environment and knowledge of business operations
  • Excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective presentation skills
  • Excellent time management skills and an ability to manage multiple tasks and projects

Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)

At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:

• Comprehensive health-care benefits
  • Free lunch every Friday
  • Flexible paid time off policy
  • Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
  • Fitness reimbursement
  • Charity match program
  • Education reimbursement
  • And more!

By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited.  We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.

Datto is an equal opportunity employer.

Apply for this Job

* Required

Demographic Questions

Individuals seeking employment at Datto are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. In order to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts and ensure we consider the needs of all our employees, please consider answering the following questions.

Completion is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter and any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.

Your responses to any of the following questions will be anonymized and only used to improve Datto’s diversity and inclusion initiatives. These responses will not be used / reviewed in connection with your application for employment.

I identify my gender as:

I identify as transgender:

I consider myself a member of the LGBTQ+ community

I identify my sexual orientation as:

I identify my ethnicity as:

Veteran status:

I have a physical disability: