As the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software and technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs), Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium businesses can achieve with the right technology. Datto offers Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions and has created a one-of-a-kind ecosystem of MSP partners. These partners provide Datto solutions to over one million businesses across the globe. Since its founding in 2007, Datto continues to win awards each year for its rapid growth, product excellence, superior technical support, and for fostering an outstanding workplace. With headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut, Datto has global offices in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Canada, Australia, China, and Singapore. Learn more at datto.com.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Cloud Engineering.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Linux/ZFS file system kernel engineering in C
- Work with other ZFS engineers to implement and code review ZFS enhancements
- Collaborate with our Mac and Linux engineers on enhancing and improving our existing kernel drivers
- Work with engineers to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable automation frameworks
- Identify and fill automated test coverage gaps
- Respond to operational issues in after hours work
- Oncall coverage as required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of C programming experience
- A desire to build filesystems, and break others
- Advanced Linux kernel development experience
- Prior experience developing with ZFS or other file systems
- Ability to comprehend and develop functional changes to large code bases
- Previous experience successfully delivering Linux kernel solutions
- Proficient understanding of Linux kernel module debugging
- Strong understanding of file systems
- Mastery of C
- Proficient experience with version control tools (Git)
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
- At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
Summary of benefits not showing up? View a summary here: Datto Benefits
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.