Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a “” to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Cloud Engineering.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Linux/ZFS file system kernel engineering in C
- Work with other ZFS engineers to implement and code review ZFS enhancements
- Collaborate with our Mac and Linux engineers on enhancing and improving our existing kernel drivers
- Work with engineers to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable automation frameworks
- Identify and fill automated test coverage gaps
- Respond to operational issues in after hours work
- Oncall coverage as required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of C programming experience
- A desire to build filesystems, and break others
- Advanced Linux kernel development experience
- Prior experience developing with ZFS or other file systems
- Ability to comprehend and develop functional changes to large code bases
- Previous experience successfully delivering Linux kernel solutions
- Proficient understanding of Linux kernel module debugging
- Strong understanding of file systems
- Mastery of C
- Proficient experience with version control tools (Git)
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.