Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Networking Technical Support Expert to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Technical Support Supervisor.
Does This Describe You:
You're a team player, love a challenge, and are technically-minded!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Build ongoing relationships with customers
- Answer system questions and provide workflow and implementation of best practices
- Answer incoming support inquiries through various channels (Chat, phone, email, etc.)
- Develop a strong technical and business expertise of all Datto products
- Develop a strong understanding of Datto customer requirements and processes
- Perform incident triage and first resolution
- Maintain ownership of incidents until resolved or escalated for further research
- Maintain ticket backlog per Datto service level agreement
- Collaborate with leadership to improve skills and career development opportunities
- Create articles for our customer-facing knowledge base when related information is not present
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology preferred, or equivalent experience
- Motivated by learning new things and you excel in an environment filled with learning new technologies, TCP Dump, cloud computing, Networking systems, scripting, and Linux command line
- One or more years of Product Support or related work experience
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize tasks and workload
- Basic working knowledge of networking, operating systems, configurations, and hardware components
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work through difficult or stressful customer issues
- Experience approaching support issues from a training perspective when needed
- Patience, positive attitude, team player and a good sense of humor are a must
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.