Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an EMEA Financial Controller to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
The EMEA Controller will join our global finance team. Reporting directly into the Sr. Director and Corporate Controller, you will be in charge of the controlling and supervising multiple European entities, driving the quality of financial information within the region and representing Finance on regional matters.
Does This Describe You:
You're a leader and creative with problems.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Own the resolution of any significant financial issues for the EMEA locations
- Ensure that there are strong, effective financial controls across the EMEA locations following group guidelines
- Monitor essential balance sheet items
- Work closely with US Headquarters and Local Management to challenge assumptions, ensure timely updates and help improve the overall reporting and planning process
- Ensure that the finance function meets the needs of the EMEA business, working effectively with local business heads and complying with agreed finance processes
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments in financial reporting for the EMEA entities and ensuring the statutory reports and tax filings are filed on time
- Work closely with, including regular communications and monthly results, corporate functions including Finance, Tax, Treasury, HR/payroll
- Work as part of the European Leadership team to support the EMEA business plan
- Help with monthly and quarterly reporting, tax and internal control packages to US headquarters
- Manage local provider relationships and execution of routine reporting and financial statement/tax return preparation
- Engage local firms as needed
- Review processes and propose solutions for efficiencies including system modifications
- Participate in special projects, such as due diligence for acquisition targets, integration of subsidiaries post-acquisition, debt issuance, etc.
- 7+ years of experience working within a matrix environment, across multiple EMEA countries
- Ability to ensure best practices for EMEA compliance and reporting requirements
- Track record of business partnering and working closely with a General Manager / Managing Director
- ACA or ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant
- Ability to manage a project including development and tracking of timelines/action plans
- Strong analytical skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working for a US Headquartered company
- Public Accounting / Audit experience strongly
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.