As the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered by Managed Service Providers (MSPs), Datto offers business continuity and disaster recovery, networking, business management, and file backup and sync solutions.
This role requires experience with identity and access management platforms and/or migration to/from such platforms. We’re looking to build upon an established, solid foundation of security technologies that will become the door for all of our partners to access our array of products.
Practically, you would work on an agile team of 5-9 Quality, Product, and Software Engineers to collectively complete a themed set of business goals every two weeks. Furthermore, you will work with your team and others to architect solutions for ambitious, large-scale security initiatives.
A Note From Evan Buther - Senior Director, Software Engineering
The Portal Teams here at Datto directly support an intuitive, unified experience that our partners and internal stakeholders expect. Utilizing continuous integration (CI) deliverables are quickly meet with feedback and fine-tuned. This group of dedicated teams continue to amaze me with their technical knowledge and savvy thinking to solve problems that deal with technologies that scale this quickly. It continues to be my privilege to take part in the maturation of our processes, our products, and most importantly, our engineers for the last 6+ years.
(This role will report to Evan, and he has been with Datto since 2013. As an “early” employee Evan has seen Datto grow by 1400+ employees.)
- Independent, driven, creative, flexible, and enjoys taking ownership
- Comfortable communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders to understand and execute on technology roadmaps
- Passionate technologist looking to teach and learn from the best in software development
- 3+ years of experience in an object-oriented language (e.g., Java, PHP, C++, Scala)
- Solid understanding of Integration Security concepts like Mutual Authentication, Open SSO, SAML, OAuth, Kerberos, OpenConnectID, JSON Web Token(JWT), JWS...
- Experience with identity and access management platforms like Ping Identity, Okta, IBM Websphere, SailPoint, etc. for human interactive and system authentication and authorization
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience with API development (e.g., RESTful, JSON-RPC, SOAP)
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Familiar with continuous integration, unit/automated testing, and quality delivery
- Familiar with agile development
Linux - Object Oriented Language (Java - PHP - C++ - Scala) - Identity and Access Management Platforms (Ping Identity - IBM Websphere - SailPoint)
Willing to Learn or Had Experience With:
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.