Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Software Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Director, Web Strategy and Engineering.
Does This Describe You:
You're a creative thinker who's a team player.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Develop, test, and deliver clean, secure, production-ready code
- Analyze existing code and make dynamic refactoring changes as needed
- Be a creative problem solver, with an ability to understand and communicate micro and macro details
- Be a confident engineer, excited by learning and absorbing new technologies
- Be a team player, coordinating with our globally distributed marketing team to craft creative solutions
- Collaborate with project managers and other members of the web team (design, strategy, UX) to communicate ideas
- Strong understanding of the MVC pattern/OOP
- Expert knowledge of Craft CMS or other PHP-based CMS development
- Proven experience with reactive JS frameworks, such as Vue, React, or Angular
- MySQL experience, with proven ability to write efficient SQL queries
- Solid understanding of web application security principles and practices
- Efficiency using the command line, and CLI tools and utilities
- Strong knowledge of git, GitLab experience preferred
- Proven understanding of build process, such as webpack
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.