Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Director to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
We're looking for an experienced, excellence-obsessed and motivated Senior Manager of EMEA Distribution to manage and grow our network of strategic alliances. Your mission will be to manage, empower, and expand these relationships to accelerate Datto's growth in the EMEA region. This growth must be geographic (markets where we have no footprint or where we will forge strategic alliances ahead of an in-market strategy) and product-oriented (segments we cannot easily address through our existing sales force). You will help build a world-class distribution network that delivers win-win outcomes for all parties. You will lead a team to create and deliver impactful, engaging, and memorable distribution programs that deliver significant revenue growth, customer acquisition, and market share results. We ask that you have constant and tight collaboration with leadership across Sales Sales Operations, Marketing, Product, and other key functions in the organisation. Reporting to the MD of EMEA, you will be a key part of our global expansion strategy, creating and deploying best practices that deliver measurable results. The portfolio currently includes strategic relationships developed throughout EMEA: France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, and Sweden.
Does This Describe You:
You have a creative mindset, are a relationship builder, and target audacious goals.
A Look Inside the Job:
- You'll manage relationships with all distributors throughout EMEA, supporting them with key accounts, partner acquisition, and implementing cross-selling strategies. You must be flexible and ambitious to grow the region with new and untapped territories
- Develop and execute distribution strategy aligned to Datto core values and goals
- Build and maintain relationships with key contacts within our Distribution Partners both remotely and face-to-face effectively, with frequent travel within EMEA provide input to the overall strategy to the Managing Director, EMEA
- Set goals for distribution partners and empower them to exceed those goals
- Proactively assess, clarify, and validate partners' sales and technical needs on an ongoing basis and develop a plan to address these needs
- Work directly on partner account alongside distributors in the new territories that have no assigned channel sales people
- Develop and lead a partner onboarding process outlining mutual performance objectives, sales, critical milestones and the need for organizational alignment
- Ensure that distributors are following and reporting on all outlined sales and marketing activity, as per agreed plans
- Manage pipeline, partner onboarding process, and lead distribution through all assigned distributors. Ensure partner's compliance with partner agreements and maintain accurate daily reporting in Salesforce.com
- Report on strategy and sales pipeline development
- Work with Datto leaders to develop and implement a strategy to increase incremental distribution revenue
- Accurately forecast revenue for the territories assigned to distribution
- Build collaborative internal networking relationships within Datto internationally
- Align appropriate Datto resources to distribution territories
- Provide feedback on the competitive landscape to product development and marketing
- 8+ years of experience in go-to-market roles with a focus on business development and account management
- 8+ years managing and developing technology distributor relationships with successful outcomes
- Commerce is in your DNA - goal-driven and sales-oriented with a proven track record of success
- Strategic thinker around business, marketing, and product challenges
- A fluent, confident and compelling communicator - internally and externally
- Ability to influence and engage without authority - internally and externally
- Experience consulting with leaders and stakeholders, with success establishing relationships and the ability to be a strategic partner
- Strong interpersonal, program and project management skills
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.