Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Linux System Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Sr. Director, Infrastructure Engineering.
Does This Describe You:
You're a team player who's not afraid to take on a challenge alone.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Create, automate, provision, and deploy Linux-based operating systems/applications rapidly and at a very large scale
- Ensure system stability, scalability, security, and performance
- Create and maintain documentation surrounding our infrastructure
- Think out of the box and solve complex scaling challenges
- Solid configuration management skills (required); Puppet preferred but Ansible/Chef/Salt/CFEngine acceptable
- Experience with scripting and system automation (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent IT work experience
- Experience supporting DNS, Apache/NGINX, load balancers (HAProxy, F5, etc.)
- Solid virtualization experience (KVM, Xen, VMware)
- You excel under pressure in an energized environment
- You write good documentation for other team members to learn from
- Good diagnostic expertise including problem investigation, root-cause analysis, and resolution skills
- You love learning new skills and are an excellent teammate
- You have excellent time management skills and are willing to take on tasks outside of your normal responsibilities
- Willing to work off-hours support as needed including on-call rotation
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.