Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Senior Scrum Master to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Datto is looking for a Scrum Master with strong leadership and coaching skills who can direct Product and Software Engineering teams down the road to proper agile processes. You should be a pragmatic servant leader who contributes to:
Product Delivery – we believe in the integrity of our commitments as a team and look for a leader who can coach our teams as such. Also, we are passionate about relevance, making sure that everything the team does is relevant to our customers and our market.
Team Growth – that the ultimate measure of a leader's success is the growth of the people around them.
The Scrum Master's role is a fundamental component of this process. By encouraging courageous and transparent conversations, the Scrum Master will help develop excellent team chemistry and better products.
About the Role: Daily work includes facilitating all scrum events for your respective teams while also coaching team members to follow Agile best practices. Our Scrum Masters are self-directed; they develop transparent project tracking tools, compile useful predictability metrics, and apply best-fit solutions based on team feedback. In the role of Scrum Master, you will be looked upon to foster the growth and adaptation of Agile values within the organization as a whole.
You will report to the Director, Agile Project Management.
Does This Describe You:
You're a leader, a creative problem solver and engineering-minded.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Work with Datto Product and Engineering teams using agile values and Datto's use of the Scrum framework to provide solutions to market successfully
- Provide appropriate progress transparency to business stakeholders
- Be a servant leader for your respective agile teams during Scrum events, including sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily scrum, sprint review, release planning, and sprint retrospective
- Maintain sprint schedules and scrum artifacts
- Coach team members on agile principles and provide general guidance on agile best practices
- Ensure core agile principles are followed and practiced within your Scrum teams
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint progress to teams and management
- Facilitate discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution, including impediment removal
- Influence and recommend continuous improvement processes to enhance productivity, responsiveness, and quality
- Assist key business users (Product Owners) with backlog creation, grooming, and upkeep
- Deep understanding of agile software development methodologies and procedures
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), planning, organizational and time-management skills
- Self-directed, self-motivated, and the ability to handle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to understand and organize around technical issues at a high level
- Experience working with an agile methodology on a large scale, technically complex projects
- Skills and knowledge on leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, and conflict resolution
- Ability to work in a dynamic and flexible environment, while instilling agile mentalities from the top-down
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Agile Certifications: Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner, Certified Scrum Professional/Trainer/Coach, Certified Scrum Developer, PSM I, PSM II, PSM III, etc.
- 5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master within an agile engineering environment
- Experience with JIRA, or similar project/backlog tracking tools
- Experience with Agile adoption and change management
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.