Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Channel Sales Executive to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Director of Canada and Great Lakes Sales.
Does This Describe You:
You're a team player with channel experience.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals using a technical sales cycle; the ability to develop a pipeline and close business through solution selling is crucial
- Develop great relationships with existing channel partners/resellers to grow revenue. Implement account development plans and understand our partners' business goals to improve revenue growth and customer satisfaction with channel partners
- Develop opportunities through prospecting, leads generated through webinars, email promotions, trade shows and events, web inquiries and phone inquiries, etc. using consultative sales skills
- Participate in ad-hoc sales campaigns and programs to help create new prospects/opportunities
- Use CRM to ensure activities are documented properly, opportunities are forecasted accurately, and adequate information about the prospect and/or opportunity is communicated
- Maintain knowledge of market conditions and competitive activities
- Expand footprint of new products into the base of existing customers; grow existing base through reach out to enduser customers with reselling
- Create accurate forecasts to properly project quarterly and yearly sales
- Travel may be required occasionally based on business need
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 3+ years of sales experience
- Experience selling technology solutions to Director and C-Level executives to SMB and midmarket-focused MSP's and/or Resellers
- Strong initiative and a proactive attitude to driving new business with a passion for IT and commercial awareness
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills is a must, including the ability to articulate value propositions to customers logically and persuasively, use questioning and listening skills to uncover needs and ensure understanding and writing skills to respond to prospects and maintain accurate customer records
- Have a positive, professional phone demeanor
- Comfortable following a defined sales process
- Experience generating 3x to 4x pipelines for B2B sales deals
- Experience using consultative sales skills
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- Ability to multi-task with several tools, work independently and prioritize tasks, honor rules of engagement and follow policies, processes, and procedures
- Experience in Technical or solution selling through a channel
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.