Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
You will report to the Manager, DBA.
Does This Describe You:
You're an experienced problem solver and methodical planner.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Manage the configuration, installation, operation and maintenance of clustered, Windows/SQL Server, Highly Available, server/database/SAN environments located in remote Data Centers across multiple time zones
- Support daily operations including monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, capacity management, provisioning, hardware and software configuration, patching, upgrades and performance monitoring/tuning in keeping with server and application best-practices
- Coordinate with network engineering, business application, and database administration functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of SQL Server and Windows Server to meet mission goals
- Maintain server event logging systems and closely monitor server systems
- Research and recommend enhancements to existing server systems and infrastructure
- Create and maintain the necessary documentation on systems and processes
- Troubleshoot problems and determine the root cause
- Five years of experience managing clustered Windows infrastructure environment
- Demonstrated proficiency administering Windows Failover Clustering
- Experience planning, managing and executing large IT projects
- Strong organizational and process management skills
- Thorough understanding of highly available design
- Hands-on experience scripting languages (PowerShell)
- Able to create comprehensive and accurate documentation
- Solid analytical, troubleshooting, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational, communications, and time management skills
- Proactive problem-solving attitude
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.