Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Manager, Incident Response to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
As the Manager, Incident Response, you will develop and manage internal and external Partner collaboration operations and act as a liaison for multi-channel operations by working closely with ITS, Engineering, Hardware and Logistics, Security, and other business partners to resolve service impacts and concerns including support escalations, executive escalations, and internal incidents. You will facilitate the creation and abidance to, Service Level Agreements, procedures, and best practices. This critical role provides daily support of technical, business, and disaster recovery by reporting on operational status, readiness, and impact analysis, and delivers appropriate updates to leadership. This position will report to the Director, Partner Success and will directly manage a team of people in the Americas with some global program development responsibilities. This role is an integral part of our Partner Success team, facilitating Datto's commitment to top-notch partner support.
You will report to the Director of Partner Success.
Does This Describe You:
You have a natural curiosity for investigating and solving technical problems and know how to hustle!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Support and lead initiatives that require significant cross-functional teamwork
- Handle program definition, resourcing, issue escalation, risk management, and delivery
- Determine technical/operational impact, root cause(s), scope and nature of the incident to mitigate risk and provide advice on remediation or recommendations
- Use and develop incident response playbooks to align with best practices, minimize gaps in response and provide comprehensive mitigation of partner impact events following established and repeatable processes for triaging and containment of an incident
- Provide direct leadership and facilitation to aid in the restoration efforts for all Partner and customer-impacting incidents in a 24/7/365 global environment
- Create and manage communication(s), reports, and follow-thru to senior leadership on all partner incidents, and any other operational situations that may cause partner impact by their respective areas
- Know and understand all Disaster Recovery, Crisis response and mitigation plans to assist in the implementation of fixes or mitigation strategies
- Perform proactive problem management and incident trending to prevent and eliminate future incidents
- Lead and understand all system upgrades and communicate impacts to frontline leaders
- Participate in Change Management to understand the potential impacts to all frontline Operations
- Lead, develop, and guide the Incident Management team in the achievement of business objectives, prioritization, management of work, and allocation of resources and the creation of new policy and process to refine Partner impact incidents across Success
- Foster and maintain a culture and work environment that's in alignment with the Dynamic Organization
- May work outside of traditional business hours to support critical incidents and outages
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical or business areas, or 10+ years of equivalent work experience required
- Proficient in ITIL standards
- 8 -10 years of experience in information security, project management, crisis management
- 3+ years of experience leading a team handling complex projects, incidents or elevated client impacting scenarios
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving and documenting within case management systems
- Experience breaking down and communicating technically complex security situations and impacts for a non-technical audience
- Excellent PC skills with experience using Microsoft applications
- Strong understanding of telephony transport and VoIP transport ITIL Certified
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Transit subsidy in select cities
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.