Datto, the world's leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for an intern to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Does This Describe You:
You're a creative thinker and not afraid to take on a challenge by yourself.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Draft security standards or policies that can be leveraged in the secure development and deployment of products and services.
- Educate engineering employees on security topics such as secure coding, development best practices, incident response, or security engineering.
- Assist in tool identification, onboarding, and/or tool development to assist engineers in the secure development and deployment of applications and systems, to detect malicious activity, or improve IR capability.
- Perform security audits, penetration tests, code reviews, risk analysis, or network/computer forensics.
- Configure, run, and monitor automated security tools.
- Build process and technology to streamline the reporting and prioritization of identified weaknesses, risks, and incidents.
- Passionate about information security and interested in one of the following areas: security engineering, penetration testing, or intrusion monitoring.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and pragmatic with effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of tools, techniques, and procedures found in the MITRE framework.
- Experience in driving application security requirements in a traditional SDLC as well as through stories and epics in an Agile and SCRUM development environment.
- Deep knowledge of system, network, web application, and software vulnerabilities outlined by, but not limited to, OWASP top 10, CIS CSC, and MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Security Engineering, Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Assessment, and/or Security Analyst education or experience.
- Basic understanding of scripting or programming a plus.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible working hours
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.