Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Sales Engineer to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
Reporting to the EMEA Sales Engineering Manager, you will be part of the UK&I Sales Team. You will be asked to help develop and empower technical individuals working for Datto channel partners, as well as working directly with the Datto sales team.
Does This Describe You:
You're a techie at heart!
A Look Inside the Job:
- Provide technical pre-sales support to Datto sales teams and Datto partners
- Present technical product demos (remotely and in-person) to potential customers
- Represent Datto at industry events, including presenting to large audiences
- Assess technical requirements and propose appropriate solutions
- Develop training material and content for technical audiences and provide to existing partners
- Regularly visit essential partners
- Cultivate strong consultative relationships with individuals in partner organizations to ensure customer and partner satisfaction
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry, technical and competitive landscapes
- Present at and assist with online webinars, videos, and digital events
- Help achieve bookings quota in the assigned territory
- Maintain detailed records in SalesForce, and other CRM platforms
* Datto UK&I Sales Engineers are office-based, but some travel will be required. In a typical month, a Sales Engineer will attend 4-5 off-site meetings across the UK, and potentially 1-2 international business trips (primarily to Ireland and mainland Europe).
- 5-8 years of experience providing technical support, including designing, managing, administering, and supporting technical solutions
- Experience in pre-sales and/or technical support environments
- Knowledge of common OS and Network topologies
- Experience with cloud backup and business continuity solutions
- Working knowledge of networking (routing, switches, VLANs, wireless, Industry Standards)
- Experience troubleshooting IT computer, server or network issues to successful resolution
- Strong presentation skills
- Comfortable with presenting and promoting solutions to large audiences (>30 people)
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excel in a team selling environment
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent industry experience
- An understanding of typical MSP services, business models, and market, preferably from a time at a vendor, or from working at an MSP
- Experience with a Linux command line (Debian 8, Ubuntu 16.04)
- Project management experience
- Technical certifications in any of the following (or similar) technologies: x86 servers (Dell PowerEdge, HPE ProLiant, Lenovo System x, etc.) VMware vSphere Microsoft Hyper-V Enterprise storage arrays Amazon Web Services Microsoft Azure Cisco Meraki Microsoft Office 365
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.