Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Director to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our 14,000+ partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and have 22 offices worldwide.
We're looking for an experienced, excellence-obsessed and motivated Director of EMEA Sales Enablement. Sales enablement is more than just training. It is the process of providing the sales organisation with the information, content, and tools that help sales staff sell more effectively and efficiently, compressing ‘ramp’ times for new team members and turning them into highly engaged, effective advocates for Datto. You will help build and provide a world-class learning and development program for our fast-growing global sales organisation. You will build and lead a team to create and deliver impactful, engaging, and memorable training programs that result in high sales productivity. Datto has a dynamic EMEA sales organization consisting of nearly 150 sales professionals in teams across the UK, Ireland, Nordics, Benelux, and Germany. In addition, we have strategic distributor relationships in France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal. This position requires constant and tight collaboration with Sales Leadership, Sales Operations, Marketing, Product, and other important functions in the organisation. You will be a consultant to the EMEA’s Sales Directors and Regional Sales Managers and gather best practices from top performers and develop training priorities on an ongoing basis, with a clear and measurable business goal in mind.
You will report to the Managing Director of EMEA.
Does This Describe You:
You're a builder with a creative mindset, a great team player, and have a passion for people development.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Lead the EMEA sales enablement function, building a team of dedicated professionals including a program manager and project/logistics experts
- Influence without authority to use experts and top performers in other departments to create and provide training content
- Participate in Sales Leadership planning meetings to support the strategic direction of Datto’s EMEA sales team
- Gather best practices from top performers, develop and institutionalise training materials and programs based on those best practices
- Be prepared to build programs in EMEA that constitute best practice for a global roll out
- Provide such programs that are culturally sensitive and appropriate for our various EMEA markets
- Develop and deliver training and enablement programs to Datto’s sales team: including new hire academies, ongoing training, new product launches, sales kick-offs, mentor programs, curriculum development, sales process automation and more, Datto’s distribution partners, and Datto’s managed service providers (MSPs) who can then sell Datto’s solutions to their end clients
- Develop and deliver training and enablement programs directed to channel partner MSPs to help them better sell to their customers
- Establish and implement an instructional design methodology for both instructor-led content and self-paced, digital content which offers a blended and "right-sized" experience for audiences within the scope of assigned projects
- Design and develop, with outsourced vendors as necessary, learning assets for our regional teams to support learning at scale
- Conduct content development sessions and lead discussions around how to identify learning goals and which learning modalities are most appropriate
- Identify and determine ROI metrics for sales motions and utilise for continuous improvement
- Build relationships with Datto’s Global Learning & Development team and other cross-functional partners, globally, to collaborate on skill gaps and learning priorities
- Evaluate and implement sales automation platforms including but not limited to AI, machine learning, sales process automation
- Travel frequently within EMEA and further afield
- 5+ years of experience working in sales
- 5+ years of experience in sales training/sales enablement
- 3+ years of experience in people management
- A fluent, confident and compelling communicator
- Experience consulting with leaders and stakeholders, with success establishing relationships and the ability to be a strategic partner (vs. just execution)
- Business acumen and marketing familiarity
- Experience designing learning programs to reflect knowledge in adult learning principles, both inside and outside of traditional classroom environments
- Involvement in project managing diverse internal teams and outsourced vendors
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent program management and project management skills
- Training curriculum (learning path) development and delivery experience is preferred
- Command of one or more European languages
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.